Current Weekly Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

CURRENT WEEKLY SPEEDY FOX AND FRIENDS CHALLENGE HERE

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Speedy Fox Featured Designer Cathy C




 

I’m a Canadian mom to a busy three year old, and as my husband and I both work outside of the home, so the time we have together as a family is precious. That said, whenever I can carve out a few moments, I enjoy being creative in one way or another.  My crafting time is precious too!  I started stamping in 2008, mostly just so I could do something different for my holiday cards, but once I caught the bug, paper crafting became one of my favourite things to do. 

I became a member of Mark’s Finest Papers Senior Design Team back in September of 2012, and I’ve really enjoyed my time on the team.  I look forward to seeing the new images each month as they are always beautiful, and they lend themselves to many different styles of card making.  The style that comes most naturally to me is shabby chic, with lots of distressing, layering, and embellishments.  More recently, however, I’ve been focusing on a more clean and simple style, which I find helps to showcase stamps and techniques. This has really shown me how versatile Mark’s Finest Papers stamps are!

Whatever style you like to do, water colouring is a great technique to have in your repertoire.  For this reason my tutorial will show you how to water colour with markers.  I hope you enjoy!  You can find Cathy's tutorial here on SpeedyTV and her blog here.

No comments: