Current Weekly Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge

CURRENT WEEKLY SPEEDY FOX AND FRIENDS CHALLENGE HERE

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Speedy Fox Featured Designer - Janis Lewis




My name is Janis, and I've been married 26 years; we've moved 21 times in our marriage life (no, not military, just enjoy a good adventure); we've lived in different parts of South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Alaska (oh boy do I miss Alaska!);  have 4 children our youngest of which has special needs; have 2 grandsons; and adore our German Shepherd named Riley. I love my friends, love skyping with them, enjoy camping and grilling out, hooked on College Football every weekend, love to read, and laugh every day.

I started crafting as a child when I would make collages from odds and ends around the house and glue them onto construction paper.  In middle and high school I began keeping photo albums with pictures of all my friends and family.  As a young married mom I was introduced to creative scrapbooking in 1994 when I began taking apart all those photo albums and transferring the photos into scrapbooks with decorative pages and adding journaling.
What a journey it has all been! I've met friends that are so dear to me through this hobby, have learned so much about crafting and products that are available out there today, and explored different crafting types & mediums. I'm still growing, still learning, and still enjoying crafting like a new toy at Christmas.

Janis has created a great tutorial for us this week on using Paper Bags which you can find here.  Be sure to check out Janis' blog Pause Dream Enjoy for some AWESOME inspiration and tips. 

Be sure to come back next week for another article with our Featured Designer Sue W.



6 comments:

Sharon said...

Awesome paper bag card!!! Loved Janis' tutorial! :)

Migdalia said...

Fabulous and Fun Project!!Awesome!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Lizzie Laine said...

Love your card Janis!

Ravengirl said...

Fabulous introduction Janis and a great project!

Lagene said...

Fantastic paper bag card!!! Great tutorial!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fabulous project!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com